In January last 2013 I wrote following list of plans for the year, as you can see from my comments it didn’t go quite to plan!
- Get up at 5:30am each morning and go to bed when I am tired – this mostly happens but it is kinda dragged out of bed by my little eye and I sit on the couch eyes half shut for as long as I can get away with. Needs work.
- Save 10% of all incoming money into a savings account for travel – epic fail on this let’s try again in 2014!
- Clear all of my personal debt by the end of November – not quiet there yet but will debt free by June 30
- Read a book each month (for pleasure) – got better as the year went on but still nowhere near one a month
- Spend one day each week OFF social media – email, instagram, twitter and facebook – hmmm nope!
- Eat Paleo and sugar free – my diet is fairly paleo these days, the sugar free needs more work and I do eat lots of cheese!
- Exercise for at least 30 min at least 6 days a week – just nope!
- Spend more time present in each moment and check in with loved ones – this is something I defiantly improved on but only really late in the year.
- Practice yoga regularly – arrgghh that’s another nope! Bought a matt though.
- Learn French – we started, Aston and I know about 4 sentence and a dozen words but that’s it.
- Travel to a place I have never been before – didn’t go anywhere I haven’t been before but I did have fun in Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast, and some rural parts of Queensland.
- Learn to use my camera better – get off the auto setting – shit, another flat nope!
- Grow my own veggies – I did, I grew broccoli, eggplant and capsicum, fell off the wagon a bit in the second half of the year so about to dive head first into gardening again.
I don’t know about you but for me goals don’t work if I just try to set and forget!
I need to be reminded constantly and I need to focus on slowly building new habits into my daily routine around achieving my goals.
I have lots of plans and hopes for 2014 but I have whittled them down into 14 core goals for the year, and after I list them here I will printing out and sticking them all over my house as a daily reminder.
This year I plan to;
- nurture a healthier relationship with money, clear all personal debt by June 30 and start saving towards a house deposit.
- Learn French – to the point I can hold a conversation with a friend.
- Read one fiction and one non fiction book per month (starting in Feb)
- Create meaningful content for at least two posts a week here, and one blog and one newsletter each week at Studio Exsto.
- Guest post, submit articles, write, write and write some more, for anyone who will have me.
- Do something creative everyday (instagram not included). Art, photography, sewing, something, anything which feeds my creative soul.
- Complete a Life Coaching course to continue my own education and development.
- Take my boy, and our two dogs camping at least once every six weeks.
- Stay up to date with my Project Life album and my personal journal – will tell you more about these next week!
- Become an organised super mum when it comes to being sorted with homework, washed uniforms and packed lunches.
- Exercise four times a week – this should be easy as I start training three days a week on Monday.
- Try my hand at Kite Surfing and or Paddle Boarding.
- Attend a photography class and learn to use my camera better.
- Write a book.
Right! That should do for the year I think. Now to pin them everywhere around my house so I am reminded of them constantly!